Start of my first Battleship Yamato online build
Today i got a very nice present in the mail from
I got a call from the
actually i am kinda famous at the
I was suprised when they pulled it out since the box was longer than i expected and i couldn't guess what was inside. As usual i opened the box for Customs inspections and i was really suprised to find that i got non other than a 1/350 scale model of the Japanese Battleship Yamato.
Many know the yamato as some fantasy spaceship in an anime that was shown on JTV back in the good old days of JTV. Few know that there really was an actual Battleship Yamato that participated in WWII. the Yamato and her sister ship Musashi were THE BIGGEST battleships of all time, with 40cm main cannons (the biggest in history) they represnted the might of the Japanese naval forces in WWII. The Yamato was a formidable battleship and saw action in the battle of Midway in 1942 and was to serve until being sunk in 1945 while enroute to Okinawa after being attacked by 300 planes and being hit by no less than 12 torpedos and six bombs . over 2400 crewmembers sank with her.
Now with the history of the Yamato explained, i though I might share with you the experience of building this behemoth of a model. Being mainly a sci-fi model fan, i have little experience in building model ships (most of them modeling disasters). Building a good looking model takes lots of time and the dedication to carefully paint every part. Sadly I don't have the patiennce to do so, but I will try to build the model as faithfully as i can, I always have a hard time painting my models so i don't know if I am going to paint the Yamato. The good thing is that the color of the base plastic is similar to the dull gray of the actual yamato hull so I might save some effort there.
All I need know is to prepare my teezers, nipper, hobby knife, cutting borad, hobby cement and delve into this project.

I hope you enjoy updates on the rise of the Yamato.
P.S. This actually is not the first Yamato i have built.
Important foot note: the word "Yamato" is an anciant name for the country we know today as





1 Comments:
Suggoi, I love the information!
Uchuuu senkam YAMATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Post a Comment
<< Home