Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Speech contest report, a message to all students.

Although a bit late, i really want to share some few thoughts on this year's Japanese language speech contest.


In a nutshell, this year marks the best speech contest we have had to date; the level of the speeches and the presentations of the students have reached a new high. The time and effort each and every student has set aside for this contest shows a genuine love for the Japanese language and a great deal of hard work and dedication. As a teacher i feel only humbled and honored by everybody's efforts. I just have to say good work guys. Minna, hontouni Otsukare sama deshita.

I really have to add that the content of this year’s speeches has been VERY original. We were surprised how each student was able to convey their personal thoughts and ideas in three set themes "OO after 10 years" "A letter to OO" and " My motto / favorite word"

Starting from the speech section i have some notes on each contestants speech:

Sara chan: being a Japanese native speaker, her speech was truly a model speech, it was nice to hear the thoughts, feeling and dreams of a young child in Japanese, Thanks for your speech Sara Chan.

Ali san: A very nice speech by Ali san. Ali san's heartfelt concern for the Bedouin life style fading in the future was very clear and everybody felt it. thanks for sharing these thoughts. I was really proud to hear such an honest opinion.

Hadeel san: Well done Hadeel san. you really trained hard the last few days and you got all the difficult pronunciations right. Next year contenders beware, Hadeel is coming :D

Sanad san: What can I say!! The most original speech to date in all of the speech contests I have attended so far (and I have attended all of them). Everybody is still talking about your galactic presence: P I feel with you, all earthlings should be wiped out, well except for me.

Munia san: Wow, well done!! Very deep content and near perfect Japanese presentation. I think we have a top contender for next year's No.1. i expect nothing else from a dedicated and hardworking Iaidouka. Next year is" Ittou ryoudan" meaning,
"Going all out, no holds barred with both hands holding the sword" for you!!

Rawan san: the most romantic speech this year! Great effort in training for the speech! Next year maybe we will have a reply from your beautiful moon. You practiced very hard the last week ! I am proud of your effort!

Taka san: In one word "Excellent”!! Logical and well though off speech with lots of wisdom to be learned from it! Many Japanese volunteers really admired you thoughts on Jordanian youth and i think you have made a great impact with your insights! Well done Taka san!

Sara san: very sincere speech with a clear vision of thought and feeling! great Speech as i felt the words coming out from your heart! :D You made your dream of learning Japanese come true! And i know you will achieve anything you set your mind on.

Hasuna san: i imagined every picture you took out in my imagination! If this speech is any indication1 I think you will be a great force for the benefit of all people! Your dreams are at your fingertips! Great speech and very nice Nihongo! Aim for No.1 1 Next year :)

Suna san: Thanks for sharing the beautiful memories of your sister! It took real guts to stand and recite your speech! I think your sister is proud of her sister remembering her this way!
Thank you!

Hussam san: The shining comet of the Japanese language in
Jordan! a well deserved win. I truly believe that you have what it takes to take Japanese language in Jordan to the next level!!
Don't stop and keep on the excellent effort! Nihongo TOP wo nerae!

Natasha san: A great effort!! I feel that you have the chance to make all your dreams come true! 10 years from now I think we will see something very special. Nihongo wo ganabrimashou!

Mango san: The greatest effort in the contest!! Great presentation and confidence! I and Kobayashi sensei are proud beyond words! A near flawless speech! I feel that 10 years from now i will be proud to say that taught such an student! Number one next year is within your grasp! Just remember to make a robot version of ME!

Ahmad san: The owner of the deserved “Japanese language miracle" title! if things keep up this effort, i can only imagine what a contribution to Japanese language in Jordan and indeed the middle east you will be :) yoku yatta Ahamad kun! Sensei toshite kimi no katsuyaku wo hokori ni omou!

Mohammad san: excellent effort and very nice speech! i loved how you took the mike in your hand! I think your pronunciation was very nice and i think you made graet impression! You sure did on me! I loved your cheerful attitude all along the speech! Excellent!

As for Haiku participants:

Rawan san: I very beautiful presentation of a very subtle haiku! I wish i could go back to
Japan to smell the scent of flowers that you made me remember! Thank you for sending me back to Japan for a brief moment!

Sameera san: You got it just right! The beauty of Haiku is just that, getting that moment and enjoying every little detail! Maybe next time you will try to make your own Haiku! A great presentation.

Ismael san: Yes the bounties of nature are for of us to share! i know you enjoyed this Haiku! Thank you for sharing with us an Arabic Haiku as well!

Huda san: I felt your love for the beauty of flowers and what they represent to us humans! I know that your love of Ikebana is reflected in your choice of Haiku. Sometimes I wish that I too may find this "flower of forgetfulness". Even if I do, I know that I will not forget your Haiku!

Maha san: I beautiful recital and presentation of a beautiful Haiku! You did great in expressing all your feeling sin such a beautiful manner! Maybe all of us will find that willow that will support us in our time of need. Thank you for your insight on the spirituality of this haiku.

Maysoon san: When I heard your Haiku, for a brief, brief moment in time I remembered that summer I spent in
Japan! Yes, we should learn Humility from nature and appreciate the beauty of all that is natural.

Hani san: one of the most interesting and original presentations of Haiku to date! Yes, I really felt that you had put all of your emotions into this Haiku! thank you for choosing it!

Ramiz san: I will never look at flies in the same manner again! I will take your advice and seize the moment. I have lost so many chances in my life already. I will squash those flies! I sure will.
(I would love to imagine what would have happened if Shiki had Pif Paf then :P)

Abduallah san: I felt you had the heart and words of a poet in your presentation (Arabic and English). Please try and make your own original Haiku next year. I am looking forward to it.

Majida san: I hope you enjoy the moon in the evening sky now! I love the moon even more after hearing your Haiku. Thank you for sharing this Haiku with us.

Tala san: Thanks for participating in this year’s contest! As a beginner in Japanese I know that you enjoyed this experience! Thanks for choosing such a nice Haiku!

Janset san: Thank you for your explanation on Haiku! I know that you have the knack for appreciating Haiku and I hope you make your own Haiku in Japan. Kyoto is a very beautiful place and I know you will.

In the end I must say that it might seem that I am flattering everybody just to make them feel good. But I actually believe every word I wrote above. No flattery. I am proud to say that I couldn't have asked for more dedicated students. If I had the money i would send all of you to Japan!! (Selling my left kidney on Ebay as we speak!!) .

Please never stop loving Nihongo. And please do your best in studying Nihongo and in making all your dreams come true. Thank you for making me feel proud always.

Thank you all!
みんな~ありがとう~~~~~~~(^-^)ノ

GUNDAM sensei also says
ありがとう!よく がんばりました!


And remember Next year is the tenth anniversary of the speech contest so given them one they will talk about for years :D

2 Comments:

At April 17, 2006 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

doumo arigatou gozaimashita :)

 
At April 17, 2006 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

どうもありがとうございます。でも実は、全て先生たちのおかげだと思います。
i really beleive that if it wasnt for you guys, and ofcourse (Takehara san tachi :) ) we would not have been able to perform the way we did. And dont forget the fact that the students are a reflection of the teachers ;)...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home