Google Chrome

I just DL and installed Google's new web browser "Google Chrome"!
I haven't used it thoroughly but I really enjoy it already. The interface is minimalistic and easy on the eye, tabs are intuitive and easy to use and the transition from Firefox was fast and easy. It seems to open faster than Firefox but I am not thrilled at the way it uses the PC resources. Opening the same number of tabs with the same content gives higher memory usage numbers for Google chrome than FF. I am not a PC expert or coding guru but that is not preferable I think. But there is still hope and i am looking forward to any fixes for this cool open source browser by Google.

Edit: It seems that one of the key features of Google chrome is that it treats every tab as a separate process running, so that if a tab crashes you will not loose other tabs open in a shutdown sequence of tabs. this explains the above multiple occurrences of chrome in the task manager.
It has also been noted that the EULA (End User License Agreement) is a bit dubious regarding the way Google handles content posted via chrome. The legal Mumbo Jumbo is not clear so i hold judgment.





2 Comments:
I appreciate google giving us free goodies, but frankly I see this browser as redundent to us as users as firefox already serves the 'superior non-ms open source browser' slot.
And from your impressions, it sounds like a resource hog, more like gdesktop than gtalk.
I have doubts about its adoption taking off too, but google is behind it afterall.. but google doesn't advertize its products, so I don't know.
hmf.
I just started trying it too.
While using facebook, i saw "sanad-san" posting that he just became a fan of chrome, and recommended using it, so i did.
I noticed -though- that it doesn't work well with some javascripts, or whatever they are called.
but let's not forget that this is merely the BETA version
Post a Comment
<< Home