Saturday, September 20, 2008

Wakalaat street ワカラート ストリート







Went after iftar to Amman for some small Nihongo meeting with M san and K sensei in preparation for tomorrow's presentation at JAAJ. we wanted to go to Chez Hilda which was sadly closed after iftar. Opting to go somewhere else, the logical (and closest choice) was al Wakalat street!

WOW, it was filled to capacity! So many people. blech!

I committed a grievous sin there!
Since we had to find somewhere to sit down and discuss our work, we finally settled on Starbucks. I really do not like Starbucks! Not just for the maligned reputation that it has, but because it is the biggest boring cliche in Amman. Every body goes to SB simply because everybody else goes. And I hate being one of the masses. But I caved in and entered SB for the first time in my life. Blech! But the hot chocolate was yummy so it was not a complete loss.

I met a few Japanese language students by chance along al wakalat. Seems everybody was there! Weird!

I thoroughly enjoyed my time today, so thanks K sensei and M san!

Got to take some pictures with the 40D in hand. I really appreciate the 40Ds great low light image quality coupled with the fast Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, which is Canon's cheapest lens, but quite the sharp performer. I think the new 5d MKII will excell in low light with some L glass!

3 Comments:

At September 20, 2008 4:18 PM, Blogger Delete Me said...

Oh! You must love taking pictures! They have a pro. feel to them, like that cute spider :P

Today's lecture was very exciting too!

 
At September 21, 2008 10:06 PM, Blogger prometheus said...

OH
sensei is so greedy
After just getting the 40D, having your eyes on the 5d MKII.
and I think my eyes are blinded by the bright light emanating from the word "L GLASS". Seems that sensei has got his sight fixed on the "RED LINE", i see

 
At September 21, 2008 10:12 PM, Blogger ukyou said...

xzaxs san!
Thanks for your comments and thank you for supporting Ramadan events at JJLC! Thanks for the kind words but i am as far as possible from being a pro! maybe an orp!

prometheus san!
It is a disease. once you but the first camera body, the rest is history, you can't stop! L glass, the word sounds like music right! I have some L glass fantasies but nothing concrete yet.

As for the 5D MKII, my next great idea will surely get me the funds to buy the sucker!

Check this out!
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08092101vincentlaforeteos5dmkii.asp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home