Ukyou reviews: The Canon SELPHY CP720
Last week I got myself a small treat. A brand new Canon Photo printer, the Canon SELPHY CP720. For a mere 55JD at SmartBuy it was quite tempting to get one so I caved in and got myself into the world of home digital printing.
I haven't printed any pictures for quite a while but I recently got a roll of film taken using the Nikon F2 developed and printed at my local Photo lab, so I got intrigued by the thought of printing my own pictures. In comes the SELPHY CP720. It is quite the diminutive thing. No bigger than a Small dictionary, this thing as you see is quite cute.
It has a direct printing from Camera, Direct printing with LCD review from memory cards (CF, MS, SD) and from PC via USB! The SYLPHY prints are 4X6 in (10X15 cm) standard postcard size, with paper and ink coming in a single pack that enables 36 prints (1 film roll equivalent). The printing process is based on applying Cyan, Magenta and Yellow film to the paper media for near photo lab quality prints. I tried it out a few times and it turned out quite nice. Yet there was one thing i really didn' t like.If you print RAW directly from Camera, chances are that you will face no problems reproducing colors accurately, but if your process your image in multiple programs like I myself and many do, it might be quite difficult getting the print put colors to match the colors on screen! Even proofing images on Photoshop for print doesn't always get the colors right. My monitor does need calliberation!
I wasted several print outs getting the color right for some of the pictures and I am working on a standardized work flow to get the colors right every time.
All in all a good value for money if you don't want to develop all your shots at the Lab. I just hope the Ink and paper can be a bit cheaper though!





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home