Saturday, April 11, 2009

プチマラソン!Mini Marathon!


皆さんはご存知だと思いますが、昨日は死海マラソンでしたね。

マラソンに出てくる同僚のK先生とKさんに参加を誘われましたが、絶対できないと思って、結局断りました。だって、マラソンを走るなんて、セルフイメージがまったくないんです!参加すれば、最後のほうは担架の上に伸させられたまま、フィニッシュするのが想像できますけど・・・。

でも本当にそんなに無理なのでしょうか。

今日はヨルダン大学に用事があって、1時までオフィスにいましたが、すぐ帰れなくて、5時まで時間をつぶさなければならなかったのです。そのとき、なんと8サークルまで歩こうかと思いました。大体2時スタートで、8サークルはちょぷど5時にたどり着きました。今日のコースは:

大学北門→Dowar Kilo→Haramein Intersection→Mojamma3 Jaber→Mecca Mall→Prince Rashid suberb→8th circle
(上のイメージ)

途中で店に入ったりしましたが、ほぼ休まずに続行でした。
3時間で終わった、このコース!
Google Earthで計ってみたら10キロ以上でした。

実はこれは二回目のコースでした。一回目は雨が降っていた日でした。

と言うわけで、歩くならマラソン出れると思いますが。
走るのがどうでしょう?これはさすがに無理と思います。

一人で歩くのがちょっとつまらないですが、とても平和な時間だったので、リラックスできました。
今回はうちまでのコースに挑戦します!

Yesterday was the Dead sea marathon.
My colleagues K sensei and K san tried to convince me into participating this year but I would not have it!I cannot imagine myself participating in a Marathon! If I did, the only possible image would be me being put on a stretcher out of pure exhaustion and finishing the distance with a sliver of life left.

But I had my own small marathon today.
I had something to do at JU today so I stayed there till1 after which I had to pass the time till 5. A crazy idea occurred to me! Why don't I walk to the 8th circle, that will surely pass the time.

So there I went on my very merry way from JU to 8th circle through the following course
JU north gate→Dowar Kilo→Haramein Intersection→Mojamma3 Jaber→Mecca Mall→Prince Rashid suburb→8th circle

It took around 3 hours, but that was because i was taking my time and going into some shops on the way, but basically it was non stop all through the 3 hours.

I think there are at least 10 Kilometers from JU to the 8th circle (actually more checked by Google earth proof above!). Actually this was the second time, the first being on a rainy cold day.

So what does that mean? I might be able to WALK a marathon but running through one is a whole other prospect. (This coming from someone who can only run one full stadium lap before Kaputting)

It might seem boring to walk alone, but it sure is a relaxing experience

6 Comments:

At April 11, 2009 9:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

muahahahaha

you should have participated into the BIG marathon then

np problem T-sensei
I'm sure that that 3 hours had so much fun ne~

 
At April 11, 2009 10:01 PM, Blogger ukyou said...

Thanks Imo chan!

It sure was a fun 3 hours!

 
At April 11, 2009 10:22 PM, Blogger Fouz HabjouQa said...

Seems like FUN! I like that ^^
Ye3teek el 3afyeh =p

Well, I tried sucha thin' once.. My friend and I decided to walk from Jabal Amman (Rainbow Street)to JU. We reached the 5th circle, but unfortunately I had to catch my exam in time :S So, I took a cab from the 5th circle to Dowwar el wa7ah.. Then we continued our trip to Uni xD!

 
At April 12, 2009 1:41 PM, Blogger ひめ さま said...

Waw i did the same today , the weather was beautiful, i've walked from my school to my house for 2hours (rainbow street to Abdellah ghousha street), i felt like i was released from time, and i didn't have to think about daily things i've walked only walked.
Maybe next time i'll take my chance and do the Marathon :P why not?

 
At April 13, 2009 1:05 AM, Blogger EvaLuna said...

sensei what is the song you were listeing to when u took the screen shot? funny it has the hardest kanjis on the world :(

 
At April 13, 2009 11:53 AM, Anonymous Saqf said...

One of the things I will miss when I go back to Jordan is the pedestrian-friendly streets of Tokyo.

Walking is the main sport I do on regular basis, and it has given me a great chance to discover so many beautiful things, and enjoy them while walking in a city full of surprises as Tokyo.

Despite the many problems the pedestrians face in Amman's streets, I hope when I am back, I will keep walking.. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home