Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ukyou Manhandles the Canon 5DMKII

Although most of the lectures at JU and JJLC are on Ramadan break, these past few weeks were quite busy. Working on the E-learning video material, having the course graduation Ramadan events and having L6 lectures makes for quite busy days.

Today was especially difficult because I had to visit the dentist. A root canal is not a cool thing to have, but I was surprised by how smoothly things went. I feel fine now even though the anesthetic has worn off. I hope it stays that way. Actually I had a chat with my doctor and it seems he is interested in Japanese language, so he might enter the next course !!
Alhamdulliah it went well with out much pain.

Finishing my appointment, and having some time to spare (or to kill), my feet carried me towards the Canon Shop in Gardens street. Haven't been there in ages so I thought there might be some new goodies. And boy were there some goodies!!

Not really planning to buy anything, just asking around, I noticed something tucked away in the corner of the display shelf. Moving closer. there it was in all of its beauty. the 5D MKII!!!!!

Being myself, I could not help but manhandle this beauty! Coupled with a very nice 24-105mm L lens, the thing feels VERY substantial in one's hands. The view finder is big and bright as it should be for a Full Frame camera of this size. Sadly the battery was not charged and i didn't have any CF card on me or i would have taken a few shots with this 21 MP beast of a camera.

It was cool to also find the 450D and 500D on display along with a lonely 50D.
Great window shopping experience.

Still waiting on the 7D reviews before thinking of any next step, but holding the 5D in hand sure gives one ideas!

I also found out that Canon provides a sensor cleaning service at their maintenance center. Shooting Macro at very small apertures, sometimes up to f22, dust on the sensor starts to appear and ruin the shots. It is a good investment to have the sensor cleaned by professionals but it is bit worrisome to leave my camera in the hands of complete strangers, but they are Canon certified at least.

So with out further ado, I give you the freshly Manhandled 5D MKII!
(if Canon Jordan is reading this, I suggest that they send me a free sample to test :) ) i think it would be a good investment and Great PR :D

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At September 15, 2009 1:08 AM, Blogger EvaLuna said...

sensei how do you do that? you just pull your camera and start taking pictures? lucky you :s

 
At September 19, 2009 12:39 AM, Blogger prometheus said...

I'm surprised that sensei was able to get his hands off of this black beauty, that is rigged with an L-series lens

I expected to see a photo displaying canon's black 5d, next to sensei's red kidney(s), in an attemot for a deal :)

 
At September 21, 2009 3:56 PM, Blogger ukyou said...

T san, G san

Thanks for the comments.
For me manhandling photography equipmenthas become an art form. It is easy but you have to have guts!

I was not really happy putting the thing down! Notice the Death choke hold in the last picture.

Poor 5D MKII!

 
At September 21, 2009 3:57 PM, Blogger ukyou said...

What the last pic did not show is the fist fight with the shope clerk as he tried to pry the Camera from my ultimate choke hold.

I lost :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home