Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Yet another PC post...

Yet another PC related post.
Staying at home so much is giving me a hard time :( and PC maintenance sure is a good and useful pastime.

Anyway, my trusty but 3 year crusty CF-R6 is beginning to overheat a lot lately. It has been my workhorse for the past 3 years and there is no need (or money) to get a new one. The underside of the notebook is becoming VERY hot and the system starts to slow down considerably after opening any heavy application or even viewing Youtube.

I have thought of getting a small cooling pad to solve the problem but it seems that this will only solve the problem when I am not mobile. I poked around for solutions to the problem and it seems that since this model is fan-less, it relies on thermal grease on the CPU to cool it down in operation. So i am really thinking of opening up this baby and trying to fix things. This is a very close packed design so lots of disassembly is needed. Linkie:http://blog.nabe.jp/archives/000121.html

will go with this and the following tutorial linkie :

The only problem is getting the thermal grease for the CPU. Does any of our resident tech heads have a place where I can get VERY good quality thermal CPU grease? And no, I will not use samneh baladi :P

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At October 27, 2010 7:07 PM, Blogger prometheus said...

I was gonna suggest going to any local car-repair shop, but I think thats out of the question, huh?

 
At October 27, 2010 10:34 PM, Blogger ukyou said...

Hehe :)

I will ask them to open up the PC and change the ba66ikha because the gear has kashna6!

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home