Monday, October 18, 2021

My one and only envy in Life

 I am not a person to envy other people. 

Envy in my opinion is the most trivial emotion a person can have.

But there is one thing I am envious of, and that is people who devour books and love reading. 

Since I was at school I was not so fond of reading and I felt a certain hesitancy to pick up a book and read. This has continued through my University days (to my determent) and to this day I still can't get my self to read a book in any meaningful time span. 

I really envy people who have the motivation and the self discipline to read and enjoy reading. 

This doesn't mean I don't read at all. I do so but in a very concentrated and goal oriented manner that is as short as possible. I wish I had trained myself to read in an efficient and  productive manner. Reading for the long haul. I wish that I could "enjoy a good book".


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home